Nominations for the 2018 Awards are now OPEN! Nominations close on Wednesday 11th September at 5pm.
Please read the Awards criteria above before completing the nomination form. Self nominations are welcome.
- The more information you provide, the better the Judges will be able to consider your nomination.
- The judges retain the right to ask any formally constituted organisation for information on its governance arrangements, particularly with regard to child and/or adult safeguarding where relevant. Nominations will not be considered if relevant information is not submitted upon request.
Please send completed nomination forms by email to Anna at email@example.com or via post to Guernsey Community Foundation, c/o 1st Floor, Tudor House, Le Bordage,
St. Peter Port, GY1 1WD (by email is preferred).
For assistance with completing a nomination form or for any questions please also contact Anna.
The 2019 Community Awards will take place at St James on Tuesday 12th of November.
General Criteria for All Awards
- All nominees must be an individual or group of individuals, charity, voluntary organisation or company that are set up and operating within the Bailiwick of Guernsey. For the Charity of the Year Award and CSR Award, companies and charities must be registered with the Guernsey Registry.
- Church or parish groups are welcome to be nominated unless the category specifies that it is for a charity or company.
- A charity; voluntary, church or community group; individual; or company should have made a significant impact that can be measured and demonstrated.
- In all other cases the nominator will interpret the stated criteria for each award and explain to the Judges why they believe the nominee fits the description, and it will be for the Judges to decide who deserves the award. Providing detailed information makes selection easier for the Judging Panel.
- The Judges retain the right to ask for accounts and further information where it is deemed necessary, particularly at the shortlisting stage.
- The Judges retain the right to ask any formally constituted organisation for information on its governance arrangements, particularly with regard to child and/or adult safeguarding where relevant. Nominations will not be considered if relevant information is not submitted upon requested.
- Nominations for the previous year’s winners of an award will not be accepted for the same award two years running, but may enter in another award category. Past winners will be eligible for nomination again for the same award after one year has passed.
- Sponsors cannot be nominated for the award category that they are sponsoring, but can enter or be entered in other categories.
- Self-nominations are welcome.