The Pargiter Trust funding helps organisations working with older people in Guernsey. Funds are awarded via a grants programme.
Grant applications are now closed but will open again in July 2019. Please see further details below within the Guidelines.
What is the Pargiter Trust?
In 2005, the Honorable Isobel Cooper Heyman founded the Pargiter Trust to support older people. Isobel was a Trustee of The National Benevolent Fund for The Aged (NBFA) for a number of years and was a passionate campaigner, ensuring older people have the support they need to maintain independence and live healthy, happy lives.
She founded the Pargiter Trust to continue her work alleviating social isolation and stress wherever possible for older people living in England and the Bailiwick of Guernsey. More information on their work can be found on their website www.pargitertrust.org.uk
What is the Pargiter Trust Grants programme?
Since 2014 the Foundation has acted on behalf of the Pargiter Trust to distribute funds to charitable and voluntary organisations working with disadvantaged older people in the Bailiwick. The Foundation administers these funds via a grants programme. To date over £140,000 has been distributed.
Following the success of the programme to date, a further £80,000 has now been made available for granting in the Bailiwick.
Applications for grants are now open.
Who can apply?
The Programme is open to:
- Any voluntary organisation, grassroots group or committee, non-profit organisation or registered charity which works to support disadvantaged older people in the Bailiwick.
- Applications may also be considered from professionals working in this field.
What are the criteria?
Grant applications must meet one or more of the following themes:
- Improving health and well being – reducing isolation, providing hot meals and refreshments and helping older people to stay active through sports, arts, recreation, social clubs and volunteering.
- Improving access to facilities, advice and training – supporting projects providing respite for carers, supporting Good Neighbourhood and befriending schemes and improving access to information and IT for older people, particularly where this involves intergenerational work.
- Overcoming problems – helping older people who are experiencing difficult circumstances due to an illness, injury, disability, bereavement or financial difficulty.
Older people are defined as being 65 years plus.
Grants may fund existing services or facilities, or new initiatives and can contribute to either capital costs such as funding new equipment or supporting on going running costs.
How can I apply?
Applications for Pargiter Trust Grants are now closed but will open again in July 2019.
Guidelines with criteria are available to download above. Please read the guidelines before completing an application form.
Please submit annual accounts (audited if possible) along with any relevant qutoes.
Safeguarding: The Pargiter Trust and the Guernsey Community Foundation require evidence that satisfactory and proportionate safeguarding procedures are in place for how your organisation works with over 65s – please also submit a copy of your safeguarding procedures or policy.
If you have any enquiries about the application process please contact Sadie by email firstname.lastname@example.org or on 748056.
What happens next?
If your application is successful, you will be required to
sign terms and conditions before receiving the grant cheque, guaranteeing that grant funds will be spent as specified in the application.
write a report describing how funds were spent and what was achieved by the grant.
provide a financial statement to support the written report.
upon request, allow a site visit from the Foundation staff to show how funds have been spent and what difference has been made.
agree to monitoring by the Foundation staff throughout the life of the project or initiative, and when the funds have been completely spent.
Who can I contact for more information?
If you have any further questions or need assistance to complete the form, please contact Sadie on 748056 or email email@example.com
“The Trustees are delighted to have the opportunity to work with Guernsey Community Foundation to help support older people in Guernsey. This exciting initiative promotes new opportunities for communities to come together to help older people.”