Community Awards Shortlist
The shortlists have been announced for this year’s Community Awards.
This year the judges received some excellent nominations over the seven categories which highlighted the diversity of voluntary work that is going on around the Bailiwick
All nominations were reviewed by the judging panel which consists of Lord de Saumarez, Suzanne Heneghan, Andrew Ozanne and Gerald Hough.
Mr Hough, Managing Director of the event’s principal sponsor State Street Global Services, said:
‘I am constantly amazed and humbled by the considerable contribution of both time and money that is made by members of Guernsey’s society.
‘As an Island community our philanthropic endeavours are quite extraordinary in their variety, innovation and generosity, and the nominations this year for the Community Awards are both numerous and compelling.
‘In many respects every single one of them deserves recognition, and then of course there are many that don’t get nominated but are no less deserving.
‘As a judging panel, we were faced with the conundrum of differentiating excellence in all categories and had to make some hard choices to arrive at the shortlists. We feel that those in the shortlist well deserve their selection and additionally they represent more than just their own charity or effort; they represent the philanthropic community as a whole.’
The winners will be announced at the Community Awards which take place at St James on Thursday 6 November.
Issued by Sarah Duguid. Guernsey Community Foundation. email@example.com. 748056.
Notes to editors:
a) Full list of shortlisted nominees are included, including background information on each one.
The awards categories for this year’s Community Awards are:
- Charity of the Year Award - sponsored by State Street Global Services
- Fundraising Team of the Year Award – Sponsored by Cazenove Capital Management- Wealth Management from Schroders
- Outstanding Individual Achievement Award – Sponsored by KPMG Channel Islands Limited
- Youth Award – sponsored by Guernsey Electricity
- Overseas Award – sponsored by Specsavers
- Organising Committee of the Year Award – Sponsored by RG Falla
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Award – sponsored by RBC Wealth Management
Youth Award : Sponsor – Guernsey Electricity
· Alice Russell
· Andre Dias
· Daniel Jehan
Outstanding Individual Achievement: Sponsor - KPMG
· Dr Margaret Costen
· Dr Margaret Ogier
· Trevor Kelham
Overseas: Sponsor – Specsavers
· Aid Reaching Children
· Friends of Romania
· The Eleanor Foundation
Corporate Social Responsibility: Sponsor - RBC Wealth Management
· Northern Trust
Organising Committee of the Year: Sponsor – RG Falla
· Floral Guernsey Schools Project Team
· Sark Folk Festival
· Torteval Scarecrow Festival
Fundraising Team of the Year: Schroders Private Banking
· 30 Bays in 30 Days
· 7 Marathons in 7 Days
· Male Uprising Guernsey
Charity of the Year: Sponsor – State Street Global Services
· Autism Guernsey
· Guernsey Mind
· Young People Guernsey: The HUB