Guernsey Community Foundation
The Guernsey Community Foundation is a charitable organisation dedicated to improving the quality of life in the Bailiwick, especially for those most in need.
We work with the charitable sector, local businesses, and the States of Guernsey. We give grants, conduct research, propose changes to social policy, and more.
We want to help create an inclusive and caring community in which a strong and committed charitable sector works effectively with government and business.
Find out more about becoming a donor
Guernsey Community Foundation publishes major report on homelessness
Guernsey has a hidden homelessness problem, according to a major report published by the Guernsey Community Foundation.
About our work
- A registered charity and company limited by guarantee
- Directs £1.3m to community causes every year
- Team of five staff backed by an experienced board
- Committed to the highest levels of governance
- Dedicated Grants Panel oversees all funding applications
We’ve helped to establish:
- Guernsey Employment Trust
- Youth Commission for Guernsey and Alderney
- Health Improvement Commission
- Bailiwick Social Prescribing
- Guernsey Nature Commission
- Carers Guernsey
We have distributed more than £3m to over 100 Guernsey Charities across multiple fields, including mental health, the arts, younger people and the elderly.
Watch our video
The Community Awards were first held in 2011. The Awards celebrate local charities, individuals, and businesses who have raised money, delivered services, and carried out community projects for the benefit of others across the Bailiwick of Guernsey.